- It really is quite simple to get married in Australia.
1. Firstly a ‘Notice of Intended Marriage’ form must be completed and lodged with me at least one month prior to the wedding.
The marriage cannot take place until one month after the date I receive the Notice of Intention to Marry form from you.
2. Paperwork that must be provided
- Proof of date and place of birth – eg birth certificate or overseas passport.
3. If either party has been previously married
- Divorce Paper or
- Death Certificate
4. Shortening of Time process (to reduce the one moths notice) – there are certain times when a shortening of time may be granted. Please call me to go over these items with you.